Thursday 5 July 2012

L'ete Indien - double entendre

With the weather returning to its default setting for summer 2012 (unsettled), and me off to India tomorrow, I managed to squeeze in a final day of climbing with Peter and Stuart today, when we climbed the appropriately named "L'Ete Indien" (250m, 6a+) in the Berard Valley.

The walk in is about 1hr 15, and then the route is 7 pitches. The quality is absolutely superb, definitely one of the best routes I've done in the Aiguilles Rouges, and is fully bolted and easily abseiled at the end - a perfect shortish day.

All 3 of us forgot our cameras, but Peter's girlfriend Kerry walked not far from the route and managed to snap some shots, which are pretty impressive considering they were taken from 400 metres away! - 

All Photos Kerry Holden - 




So my Indian summer begins now, and I'll be back at the end of July. For those interested I'll be trying to update my personal site where possible, and this blog will obviously be up and running again when I get back. Hope the weather picks up for everyone in July, but I'd rather it was sunny in August :)